The CFM Film A Scene Competition is a monthly filmmaking contest that allows students and learning filmmakers the opportunity to grow and diversify their storytelling skills and film production knowledge. Each contest month we will introduce a new creative prompt or genre that you will use to go out and shoot a scene. At the beginning of a competition month, you can purchase a ticket online and get started on crafting your scene. Tickets will be $10 and all submission fees will be used as prize money for the top 3 winning scenes. After writing, filming, and editing your scene, you will submit it by the end of the competition month. Once the submission deadline passes we will hold a voting period on Instagram, further involving our community and putting eyes on your work. As you share your scenes with other filmmakers we hope it will strengthen our community and encourage collaboration. We believe this competition is a terrific outlet for supporting creativity and growth.
April's 2022 Scene Category: Pick a Genre
Create a Scene Using Any Genre of Your Choosing
How to Participate
Step 1: Purchase your ticket for entry
Step 2: Write and Shoot your scene based off of this month’s category. You can be as creative as you want with this process as long as your scene fits this month’s genre or category.
Step 3: Using the personalized google drive folder sent to you after getting your ticket, upload your scene for voting.
Film A Scene Ticket – April 2022
Film A Scene Ticket for the April 2022 Competition
Godox Film Equipment
All submission fees for this month’s competition will be used as prize money and will be awarded to the top three voted scenes. In addition to prize money, the top voted scene will receive a Godox LA150 LED light courtesy of our competition sponsor Godox. Prizes will be sent out after voting results are announced.
As our competition sponsor, Godox will provide a LA150 LED light to our top voted scene. The Godox LA series lights feature a compact design that is both versatile and lightweight, trustworthy brightness and high CRI rating, and are an excellent fit for any creative scene. Additionally, the LA series lights can be easily customized with any bowens mount light shapers, feature 8 light fx effects, and can connect to your phone through the Godox light APP, making customization easily accessible.
Founded in 1993 as a high-tech manufacturing facility specializing in lighting and audio equipment, Godox has now become a lighting equipment expert and innovator of gears for photographers, videographers, filmmakers and more. Driven by the mission of offering great lighting and audio solutions, Godox has been always pushing the boundaries of technology, and constantly bringing professional products to the industries.
CFM's Film A Scene Contest Overview
Voting will be held for 24 hours on the College Filmmakers Instagram
HOW TO VOTE:
1. Watch the scenes on the scene contest playlist found on the CFM Youtube Channel. (Direct link will be available in instagram bio)
2. On voting day head to our instagram story to find all the contestants. To vote, simply like the story post corresponding to the artist (you can vote for as many as you want)
*Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 voted scenes
Rules & Terms
– One entry is allotted per contestant (per contest cycle)
– Contestant must submit a film that follows and resembles the parameter set by CFM
– College Filmmakers reserves the right to determine if a scene is outside of selected scene parameter
– Films must be completed at the time of submission
– All foreign language films must be submitted with English subtitles
– You agree that we can use parts or the film in its entirety (including trailer/teaser/posters/stills) for promotional purposes
– If your film is a winner, filmmakers must provide film for upload within one week of notification
– You must own the rights to all content submitted
By submitting you agree that you are the exclusive copyright owner of your content. You agree that by entering the festival, if selected your film may be featured on CFM website/ Social media platforms in its entirety or parts as part of your participation. You also acknowledge and agree that there is no monetary gain from participation in the festival. We do not pay a screener fee, prizes are at the discretion of the festival. You also acknowledge that the festival may in turn, promote your product via social media, and you consent to allow your likeness to be used for promotional purposes. It is the filmmakers responsibility to have all releases for any and all subject content. The opinions expressed in the film are those of the filmmakers, not the festival or its associates.